Shui Xian tea, also known as Shui Hsien (水仙) in traditional/simplified Chinese or shuǐxiān in Pinyin, is a type of oolong tea that originates from the Wuyi Mountains in Fujian, China. This tea is made from the Camellia sinensis plant cultivar and is known for its deep amber color when infused, which is typical of many other Wuyi oolong teas. Additionally, this tea is also cultivated in Taiwan.
There are different varieties of Shui Xian tea, including Lao Cong Shui Xian, which is made from old bushes that may be as old as 200 years. This variety has a darker appearance and taste, making it an even darker oolong. Another variety is Aged Shui Xian, which may have been aged for a few decades and then rebaked. The third variety is Zhangping Shui Xian, which is grown in Zhangping, Longyan, Fujian province, and is typically processed as a green oolong.
Shui Xian tea is a type of oolong tea known for its rich flavor and distinct aroma. Here are some features of this tea:
- Rich tea flavor with obvious aroma
- The older the tea tree, the better the aroma of the Shui-Xian tea
- More than 50 years of Shui-Xian tea, 100 grams may cost more than 500 dollars
Taste of Shui Xian Tea:
Advanced Shui Xian Tea has a strong tea flavor, and if it is made from trees that are more than 30 years old, it will have an orchid fragrance.
Health benefits of Shui Xian Tea
Shui Xian tea has many health benefits due to its high concentration of antioxidants such as polyphenols, catechins, and flavonoids. It also contains vitamins, minerals, and caffeine, which are good for your health. Here are some of its health benefits:
- Reduces cardiovascular disease: Antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoids can lower blood pressure, strengthen blood vessels, and reduce cholesterol, which is good for heart and blood vessel health.
- Helps reduce weight: Shui-Xian tea contains catechins, which can strengthen metabolism and reduce fat formation. Flavonoids reduce heat absorption and help reduce weight.
- Boosts the spirit: Shui-Xian tea has caffeine, which can help boost your spirit. However, be careful not to consume too much as it can cause side effects such as lack of sleep and stomachache.